For these of you who know me, you’ll know that my fave cake on this planet is Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting! I even had it as our wedding ceremony cake!
So, for my birthday, I needed to discover a solution to make a wholesome model of blue velvet cake. Is that even doable!??? After a lot of analysis, I made a decision to give you my very own recipe. I needed a recipe that might be flourless, keto pleasant, gluten free and dairy free! Might or not it’s performed!??
Effectively, I’m blissful to let you know that final evening, I examined the recipe…and it turned out tremendous moist AND tremendous dense!!!! I used to be soooo stunned. I’m so glad it labored out as a result of now I get to share the recipe with you right now.
Prepared? Let’s get began.
Blue Velvet Cake Elements:
- Three cups almond flour
- half cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 cup of Zero calorie monk fruit sweetener (you might additionally use actual sugar right here)
- 3/four cup of vegan butter, melted (you might additionally use actual butter right here)
- eight eggs
- half cup unsweetened almond milk (or any sort of milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and half tablespoons baking powder
- 0.75 fl ozof blue dye
- One 6 ozpackage of blueberries (additionally get an additional 6 ozpackage for decorations later)
Cream Cheese Frosting Elements:
- 24 ozsoftened vegan cream cheese (common cream cheese okay too)
- 1/Three cup softened vegan butter (common butter okay too)
- 2/Three cup – 1 cup powdered monk fruit sugar (common powdered sugar okay too)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
That is the monk fruit sweetener that I used! Thus far, the one model that I can discover is Lakanto. I really like these as a result of it really tastes that actual sugar, nevertheless it’s Zero calorie! Superb.
I used Tofutti cream cheese to interchange actual cream cheese. This tastes a bit sweeter than common cream cheese, so choose your choice and go along with it. I nonetheless assume it tastes good, however if you would like the true milkiness and creaminess that comes with full fats cream cheese, simply go for the actual factor until you must be dairy free!
Blue Velvet Cake Instructions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels F.
- Combine collectively all the cake components in a bowl till there aren’t any extra lumps! (Solely use one 6 ozpackage of blueberries.)
- Then spray down a round cake pan with some olive oil or coconut oil and pour the batter in.
- Since this might be a Three layer cake, relying on whether or not you wish to bake 1 tall cake (you’ll want to chop it into Three layers after it’s performed baking) or Three shorter truffles (no chopping required), the instances might be completely different. For one tall cake like mine, I baked it at 350 levels F for 1 hour and 45 minutes. It did this in 15 minute increments as a result of I used to be actually petrified of it burning. I’m unsure if there’s something improper with my oven (new oven), so please check yours in increments and let me know if it additionally took you that lengthy. For the three smaller truffles, I feel 18-22 minutes could be good. One of the simplest ways to examine in case your cake is finished is to slip a toothpick into the middle of the cake and take it out. If there isn’t a moist batter sticking to it, it’s performed.
- Enable you cake to chill to both at room temp, or by placing it within the fridge when you’re low on time. You do not need to chop your cake whereas it’s nonetheless sizzling and even heat! You additionally don’t need you icing to soften on the cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions:
- Barely heat the butter in a bowl within the microwave. It shouldn’t be absolutely melted. Simply mushy.
- Barely heat the cream cheese in a bowl within the microwave. It shouldn’t be absolutely melted. Simply mushy.
- Combine in all of the components in a bowl till all of the lumps are gone.
- Then let cool within the fridge.
- Lower the cooled cake into Three even layers (until you baked Three separate cake layers).
- Ensure that the cake layers are like cylinders with flat tops. If baking created slightly dome on high, minimize the dome off so you will have a flat high. It will enable the layers to put evenly.
- Place the primary afterward the underside of a cake pedestal, then smother some chilled cream cheese frosting on it. Attempt to make it even in order that if you minimize the cake, the layers look straight.
- Place the second layer of cake on high of that frosting, after which smother some extra chilled cream cheese on high of that.
- Place the third and last layer of the cake on the very high!
- Now frost the whole cake with the chilled cream cheese frosting!
- For decorations, I lined the underside rim and high rim with contemporary blueberries! I used about one 6 ozpackage of contemporary blueberries right here.
- Chill the cake within the fridge to let all of it set. I’d most likely let it cool for about an hour.
- Then minimize and serve!
OMG look how stunning these layers turned out! And take a look at that beautiful blue!
How did it style?
It was dense, moist, and candy. I liked it. I can’t consider I made a flourless, keto pleasant, gluten free, dairy free blue velvet cake that doesn’t style like cardboard. Like severely guys, they need to have this at eating places. It’s actually THAT GOOD! I feel the butter within the batter actually helped pull every part collectively so properly.
Dietary Content material:
This recipe makes 16 servings. Every slice is 45 g fats, 17 g carbs, and 12 g protein at 434 energy.
If you happen to’re making an attempt to go even decrease carb for keto, you’ll be able to take away the blueberries all collectively.
Tag me @blogilates if you find yourself making this cake! I wanna see how yours seems!
Yesterday’s Day 13 Meals Log:
For lunch, I had a Past Burger, sautéed broccoli, cauli rice with coconut aminos and sriracha, and a aspect salad of butter lettuce and cilantro dressing. YUM!
Snacked on some macademia nuts. Ugh, love these.
Had a peach mango drink noon at work.
Had raspberries and a Chobani non dairy yogurt on the best way dwelling from work.
Had my vegan seaweed soup with carrots and mushroom balls for dinner.
Snacked on some plantain chips as I used to be making my cake.
Additionally snacked on popcorn whereas I used to be baking. I used to be in a really snacky temper. Interval is coming, so is sensible!
Oh AND I had a mini slice of blue velvet cake with cream cheese, some blueberries, and a few strawberries. Yup. Very snacky.
There ya go! Hope you loved the recipe publish. 2 extra days til my bday! Ahh!
What’s your fave sort of cake?
The publish Ridiculously Dense & Moist Blue Velvet Cake (Flourless) | Day 14 of 20 appeared first on Blogilates.