These Simple Pantry and Freezer Meals use staple substances, plus just a few issues that final some time within the fridge, to make easy, kid-friendly dinners.
I’ve gotten quite a lot of requests for simple pantry and freezer meals so I wished to place collectively a submit of straightforward concepts for you guys! I used substances from my pantry and freezer, together with just a few issues that final some time within the fridge like pre-packaged hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, carrots, cheese, pesto and many others! For veggies I relied on greens which have a protracted shelf life within the pantry like potatoes, squash and onions, carrots within the fridge, plus frozen greens (canned greens additionally work!). For fruits, I attempted to incorporate issues like apples and oranges that final some time, plus frozen and canned/packaged fruit.
Keep in mind that these meals are versatile. You possibly can simply swap in your favourite sort of frozen greens, crackers, pasta, beans, frozen meat and many others. I’m not sponsored by or endorsing any particular manufacturers for this submit. I took these pictures utilizing what I had readily available, with none particular journeys to the shop as a result of these are all precise meals I might make for my household, particularly throughout this time after we may not be capable of get to the grocery retailer as usually as standard!
Simple Pantry and Freezer Meals
**The concepts in pink don’t have hyperlinks. They’re simply basic concepts!**
- Burger + Fruit + Veggies – Select your favourite meat, fish or veggie burger and pair with steamed veggies and fruit
- Pancakes + Smoothie – Make pancakes from scratch or use your favourite combine. Pair with a yogurt-based smoothie and throw in some frozen fruits (and veggies like spinach, cauliflower or zucchini if you need!) and wholesome fats like peanut butter
- Rooster Nuggets + Veggie Fries + Applesauce – Swap veggie fries for normal fries if you need and add an additional facet of veggies
- Candy Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas – Combine roasted candy potatoes with black beans, corn and cheese. Spoon into tortillas and high with enchilada sauce and cheese earlier than baking. In case you have meat in your freezer you’ll be able to cook dinner and use that as a substitute of candy potatoes, or you possibly can skip the tortillas and blend in some cooked quinoa, farro or rice and scoop with chips. You may additionally use canned rooster.
- Snack Plate – Make a plate with crackers, sliced cheese, meat sticks/pepperoni/smoked meats, hard-boiled eggs and hummus for everybody to share. Throw on some carrots and a facet of fruit if you need!
- Pesto Pasta + Rooster Sausage – Cook dinner the pasta, add sliced sausage and pesto and blend. Serve with steamed veggies.
- Italian Salmon + Farro + Veggies – Drizzle salmon with dressing and bake. Serve with farro/rice/quinoa and your favourite veggies. In case you have frozen broccoli or inexperienced beans and many others you possibly can roast them proper on the pan with the salmon from frozen.
- French Toast + Fruit + Yogurt – Combine eggs, milk and cinnamon. Dip bread and cook dinner on the range or griddle. Serve with packaged fruit and yogurt. When you don’t have yogurt, drizzle the french toast with peanut butter or add a handful of nuts to the plate!
- Rooster & Chickpea Soup – Cook dinner rooster in a dutch oven with garlic, onion and a few frozen veggies. Add a can of chickpeas and tomatoes, some broth and your favourite noodles. Make it vegetarian by leaving out the rooster or swap chickpeas for white beans when you desire!
- Sausage Pizza + Carrots + Oranges – Make your individual pizza dough. High with pizza sauce, rooster sausage and cheese. Serve with carrots or one other veggie and apple slices or clementines!
- Pumpkin Mac & Cheese + Apples + Trailmix – Make a field of mac and cheese however stir in some pumpkin. Or skip the pumpkin and throw in some peas.
- Breakfast Hash – Roast potatoes. Combine with black beans and scrambled eggs. High with cheese and salsa.
And now listed here are some recipes already on the weblog that may be made with little to no modification.
**click on the recipe title to be taken to the recipe on the weblog!**
- Carrot Pineapple Turkey Meatballs – Swap inexperienced onions for white onions if you must. You can even miss the pink pepper when you don’t have. Serve with rice/farro/quinoa/cauliflower rice and broccoli (roasted from frozen).
- Sluggish Cooker Honey Garlic Rooster Thighs – Add further greens if you need! Or serve with steamed veggies and rice.
- White Rooster Chili – The recipes requires recent rooster. When you don’t have some in your freezer to cook dinner you’ll be able to sub canned rooster or use further beans.
- On the spot Pot Pasta With Meat Sauce – When you don’t have an On the spot Pot, simply cook dinner some floor meat, combine it with a jar of sauce and serve over your favourite noodles.
- Lentil Veggie Curry – You possibly can miss the potatoes or peppers when you don’t have them. Swap lentils for chickpeas when you don’t have them.
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage – I’ve by no means roasted frozen inexperienced beans however I’ve finished it with broccoli. Or you possibly can simply steam veggies and blend them in
- Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs with Candy Potatoes – Use no matter floor meat you’ve got. Or strive these Pesto Lentil Balls.
- Baked Ranch Rooster Taquitos – Swap rooster for canned rooster if you must or make them vegetarian with further beans.
- Tuna Quinoa Truffles – You can even use canned salmon or most likely even canned rooster
- Lentil Sloppy Joes – Omit the mushrooms when you don’t have them
- Crispy Rooster Bowls with Potatoes – Swap steamed veggies for roasted and blend with potatoes. You may additionally use rooster nuggets from the freezer.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Candy Potatoes – When you don’t have meat, make a vegetarian bean chili with canned beans and tomatoes and serve over baked potatoes
A few different concepts? Tuna casserole with egg noodles, frozen combined veggies and a can of cream of mushroom soup or black bean nachos!
Hope this was useful!